Student Internship - Design Manager
London, Newcastle & Bicester
A global company of specialist building services and ICT engineers, RED has led the drive towards the zero-carbon goal for over a decade.
RED believes in growing its own talent and encourages every young engineer to aspire to greatness in their professional career.
Overview of the scheme
Our 10-Week Internship Scheme is open to all undergraduates in the roles we have opportunities for. Our structured programme will allow you to gain valuable experience and understand how the business runs. You will be assigned to one of our projects, where you can support the day-to-day operations.
We have a structured development programme to enable staff at all levels, achieve their goals both personally and professionally.
Candidates should be undertaking an engineering degree, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills and be an ambitious and dynamic thinker.
Currently pursuing a BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline.
We accept applications from students who are in their second to last year of study (2nd year of a 3 year degree or 3rd year of a 4 year degree).
· Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
· Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
· Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
· Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
· Basic understanding of BS standards
· Ability to prioritise own workload
· Ability to work to deadlines
Your role responsibilities will vary, some will include:
· Supports team with project work, taking delegated responsibility for the project and delivery responsibility within the RED Technology team
· Data manipulation of Architecture, MEP, C&S Information together with project support functions.
· Carries out independent reading and research to support delivery of projects
· Liaison with various contractors, clients and consultants regarding delivery of projects
· Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue of information by making sure drawings have correct titles etc and are in correct order.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: London, Newcastle & Bicester