Student Internship – Electrical Engineer
London, Newcastle & Bicester
A global company of specialist building services and ICT engineers, RED has led the drive towards the zero-carbon goal for over a decade.
RED believes in growing its own talent and encourages every young engineer to aspire to greatness in their professional career.
Overview of the scheme
Our 10-Week Internship Scheme is open to all undergraduates in the roles we have opportunities for. Our structured programme will allow you to gain valuable experience and understand how the business runs. You will be assigned to one of our projects, where you can support the day-to-day operations.
We have a structured development programme to enable staff at all levels, achieve their goals both personally and professionally.
Candidates should be undertaking an engineering degree, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills and be an ambitious and dynamic thinker.
Currently pursuing a BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline.
We accept applications from students who are in their second to last year of study (2nd year of a 3 year degree or 3rd year of a 4 year degree).
· Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
· Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
· Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
· Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
· Basic understanding of BS standards
· Ability to prioritise own workload
Your role responsibilities will vary, some will include:
· Supporting with project work, taking delegated responsibility for the preparation of engineering designs for electrical installations, systems, e.g. sizing of pipes for ventilation systems, hot & cold-water equipment, facilities etc.
· Data manipulation of original drawings according to specification revisions
· Carries out independent reading and research to support drawing/specification accuracy
· Liaison with various contractors regarding designs and co-ordination of installations
· Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue by making sure drawings have correct titles etc. and are in correct order
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com
Location: London, Newcastle & Bicester