Control Systems Engineer -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Control Systems Engineer to be based in our London office, with the ability to inspire others. You will support the production of designs and specifications for new build mechanical and electrical installations in many building types, in particular within complex technology-based buildings where close control and extensive monitoring systems are required.
- Produce points lists for Control Systems
- Write Sequence of Operation documents from review of MEP designs and through discussion and agreement with design engineers.
- Produce specifications from templates, software specification writing tools and from fresh where necessary.
- Produce plan drawings, schematics, network topology drawings and control function diagrams as required to suit project needs.
- Produces early stage reports for sign off by clients during development of
- Carry out condition surveys and reviews of existing installations. Produce reports and improvement
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and Contractor teams.
- Specify and attend Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests and Integrated Systems
- Specify and attend commissioning activities during construction and completion of projects
- HNC/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Currently employed as a BMS/BEMS/Building Automation Consulting Engineer
- Experience of building automation, instrumentation and monitoring
- 2+ Years’ experience at Senior Engineer level or above
Specific Skills / Knowledge
- Understanding of networks, network hardware, cabling and network security
- Understanding and ability to support control system designs and report outputs
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports
- Experience of attending meetings to discussing relevant skillset
- Knowledge of MS office (word/excel/outlook)
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
- Adaptable, proactive approach to engineering tasks
- Flexible and willing to travel as required to service international projects and clients
- Good presentation skills
- Familiar with multiple vendors legacy and current products and keeps track of new and emerging products and technologies
- Supports the commercial management of projects and fees
- Ability to work autonomously, as part of a wider team, and leading a team
- Good knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British and European standards/UK regulations/codes.
- An appreciation of atex regulations
- Good working knowledge of leading control systems products, networks and systems including those provided by schneider, siemens and trend
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com