Technical Director (Mechanical)
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long-term.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Director (Mechanical) to take a Team Management and project role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. The successful candidate will assist the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Provides electrical engineering technical leadership within the team
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands-on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractor teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of RED
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Have at least 12+ years’ experience as a consulting engineer
- Already operating at Associate level in current role
- Have a sound technical knowledge in his or her discipline
- Be able to confidently represent other engineering services disciplines in client meetings
- Be experienced in a broad range of sectors – key areas include workplace fitout, developer offices, retail, hotels.
- Have a commitment to delivering excellent quality service and product
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Flexible and self-motivational approach to work
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Chairing/facilitation of meeting skills
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
All RED Employees are expected to:
- Embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines.
- Engage with colleagues in a manner that connects employees with the company’s purpose, demonstrates alignment with company values, and imbeds company culture.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
*The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: London, UK