Red Engineering Design (RED), a fast-growing group active in the Mechanical and Electrical engineering of data centre and complex buildings, is looking for a Financial Analyst to come and support the successful development of its worldwide activities, to be based in its UK headquarters.
With a strong appetite to learn and take up new challenges, we are looking for a proactive and highly performant professional, interested in joining our dynamic, enthusiastic and multicultural team. By joining RED, you will also become an active member of Engie Impact, a business unit of the Engie Group active in supporting large organisations in accelerating their sustainability transformation.
As part of RED’s finance department, directly reporting to the FP&A Director in the United States, your main responsibilities will include:
- Compile data from multiple sources and develop performance reports. Initiate variance analyses and provide understanding of operational and financial performance to management.
- Performing monthly and adhoc financial reviews of operations throughout Impact’s legal entities, sectors, geographies and projects
- Develop, review, analyse and maintain cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including variance analyses and communicate cost and/or schedule trends.
- Contributing to the monthly closing and reporting process.
- Financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Being a point of contact with regards to transversal related issues, where and when necessary analysing impacts of and implementing of new accounting standards
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Having a degree in finance or a finance accreditation (ACCA, CIMA), you are expected to have 2-5 years of professional experience in Finance and Controlling in a complex and international environment.
- Having a strong knowledge of accounting, consolidation, financial statements analysis and IFRS standards, you are well-versed in office tools (in particular Excel and Powerpoint) and have a strong affinity with IT systems.
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills, you are able to summarize complex information into meaningful key messages. You are besides able to face strict and short deadlines in a challenging environment.
- In addition to the above skills and knowledge, any exposition to engineering activities, project accounting, tax/VAT matters is a plus.
- An interesting and varied job with an exposition to an international environment
- A very dynamic but also caring work environment where professional growth and development are connected
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle
The Financial Analyst will be based at RED’s London or alternatively Oxford headquarters. Frequent travelling between both offices can be expected.
*The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.