Graduate ICT Design Engineer -
London and Newcastle
We are now seeking a Graduate ICT Design Engineer to join our growing teams in London or Newcastle, to start in Autumn 2023. The ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to tasks and hold an electrical or Building Services degree, or equivalent. Practical on the tools experience would also be an advantage. The role will involve supporting the project engineering teams, with some travel to various construction sites.
- Undertakes project work, taking delegated responsibility for the preparation of ICT designs for fibre optic, copper data cabling and associated mechanical containment systems.
- Assist ICT Design Engineer with schematic and 2D drawing production
- Assist ICT Design Engineer with the production of written technical specifications
- Carries out independent reading and research to support ICT technical standards
- Work alongside ICT Design Engineer in liaison with specialist contractors re designs and co-ordination of installations
- Assists with document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue by making sure drawings have correct titles etc and are in correct order
- Advanced Graduate (1-2 years exp): Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Electrical or Information Technology qualification
- BSC/BEng (or equivalent) in appropriate engineering discipline
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Basic understanding of BS standards
- Ability to priorities own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live and work in the UK, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London and Newcastle