Mechanical Engineer -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek an experienced Engineer to be based in our Bicester office. You will have experience in the delivery of European data centres and mission-critical projects, along with other sector experience including process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK/EU nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Location: Bicester, UK