Mechanical Engineer -
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a Mechanical Engineer to be based in our London office. You will have the ability to run small sized projects and assuming responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
Ideal experience should include experience on data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be working towards Chartered Engineer status, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Culture & Values
RED believe that people are our greatest strength, bound by ours and Engie Impact’s vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy and consulting industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive.
Employees will embody the values and culture of the company internally and externally to drive high performance in a rapidly evolving business and industry.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.