Resident Mechanical Engineer
RED is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
We now seek a fully experienced Mechanical Engineer to be based in Indonesia with the ability to inspire others. You will have experience in the delivery of APAC Data centres, the ability to run large sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include detailed data centre design with experience of working on a range of other building types being an advantage, together with the coordination of engineering project services, and a proven track record in project management and delivery of technically complex mission critical projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector.
The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be an Indonesian or permanent resident, an Indonesian speaker would be desirable, a Professional Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10+ years industry experience. The candidate will also have a good knowledge of Local Codes and experience in negotiation with the regional Power.
- Facilitating quality inspections, witness testing, liaising between the RED team, the client and contractor, management of key milestone dates and sectional handovers, compilation of weekly reports, regular updates to the project QA/QC/Commissioning Management Portal, and assisting with the review of O&M manuals and record drawings.
- Familiarisation with the contract, contract drawings, specifications, etc.
- Day to day utilisation of the project electronic document management system, in conjunction and liaising with the front office engineering team, including:
- Technical submittals
- Request for Information
- AE clarifications and instructions
- QA/QC Reports and schedules of defects
- Logging and recording health and safety incidents
- Method Statements/risk assessments (maintaining risk register)
- Monitoring site health and safety
- Maintain a site diary and record:
- All significant daily activities and progress.
- Summary of critical telephone conversations/messages.
- Documents received or issued.
- Problems, comments or special situations and their resolution.
- Critical events and work observations.
- Critical instructions given or received.
- Requests for decisions or actions to be taken
- Discuss the need for special inspections or tests arising during the construction of the Works
- Advise on issues relating to health and safety to the Principal/Main Contractor and Project Manager/Contract Administrator in relation to the services and general observations on a day-to-day basis
- Attend and contribute to Project, Contractor and/or Sub-Contractor site meetings. Prepare meeting notes, (where applicable), for circulation to agreed parties.
- Set up and maintain agreed procedures, (including a schedule of RFIs and their status), for receipt and response to Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors design/co-ordination queries/requests for information. Respond to design/co-ordination queries/requests for information in conjunction with the design team. Be a participant on the BIW system as required.
- Provide support where requested to the various authorities concerned to assist final Building Regulations Approval.
- Where agreed with the client, attend the witnessing of factory testing of equipment, (where applicable – and in conjunction with office-based staff), where this is seen as a pre-requisite to commissioning.
- In conjunction with the design team examine the detailed proposals of Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors for carrying out commissioning procedures and performance testing including proposed documentation to be used.
- Monitor pre-commissioning checks undertaken by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors.
- Monitor and report against the agreed pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing programme. Identify and report any problems, delays or shortcomings of the agreed procedures and in conjunction with the design team advise corrective actions.
- Witness any testing or commissioning undertaken by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors and keep a record of dates and results. Review register of calibration of test and commissioning equipment used.
- Subsequent to final setting to work and regulation of the buildings, plant and equipment of the Works by Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors, examine the results of pre-commissioning, commissioning and the documentary records thereof. Examine the commissioning status report prepared by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors for the final setting to work and regulation of the Works and report on these.
- Review IST procedures and method statements proposed by contractor, understate pre-IST tasks and check, participate in IST meetings and workshops.
- Participate in the IST as required.
- Monitor and comment on record documentation ensuring that all documentation is updated by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors as the Works progress and is provided in accordance with the contract requirements for practical completion. Be a participant on the BIW system as required.
- Receive and comment on copies of the final record drawings, operating instructions and maintenance manuals prepared by Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors if so required under their contracts for construction. Ensure that record documentation prepared by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors is provided in accordance with the contract requirements for practical completion.
- Monitor and check the issue of spares and tools to the Client as required by the Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors.
- Monitor that the training of the Client's staff in the maintenance and general usage of systems is given, and that the Contractor prepares records that the training has been carried out to the Client's satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Contract Administrator, and design team, maintain an agreed procedure to record and monitor defects including their clearance.
- Inspect the Works on completion and, in conjunction with the Client, office-based staff and the design team and any other site staff, record any defects.
- Liaise with Contractors and/or Sub-Contractors to review that all defects are cleared before completion, as appropriate.
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with client, professional teams and contractors teams
- Maintain site diary and records.
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
Sound knowledge of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS office/Apple excel etc.
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British/EU standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the ethics charter and ethics in practice guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
Salary commensurate with experience
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia