Senior Service Desk Technician -
RED is a multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments.
To support ambitious accelerative growth plans we are looking for a diligent, enthusiastic individual with a good track record of IT asset deployment and roll out working in a fast paced service desk environment. Working as part of a friendly and hard-working team, the role will ideally suit immediately available candidates who have an evidencable history in this area. Utilizing primarily independent decision making the individual will have a strong focus on customer service, as this position is the front line for all IT deployment service requests.
- Delegated responsibility for providing office based and remote
ICT first/second line support, together with assisting the IT Manager with IT related
- Utilize specialized technical skill set to provide hardware, software and
network consultation and support onsite and over the phone for internal and
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion
- Independently investigate, research, resolve and document end user
- Provide routine maintenance and troubleshooting of business equipment
including, but not limited to, computers, laptops, monitors, desktop phones,
projectors, web cams, printers, copiers, and optical scanners by responding to
telephone calls, emails, tickets, and other technical support requests
- Perform lifecycle replacements of various end user equipment
- Maintain current expertise in operation and application of standard
workstation hardware and software
- Setup and maintain desktop backend services such as desktop/laptop
deployment services, anti-virus/malware detection, remote laptop backup
services, desktop configuration policies, and desktop patch management
- Provide recommendations to management for improvements regarding
desktop and application management
- Assist senior-level team members in various infrastructure projects
- Support one off major projects in line with IT strategy
- Traveling off-site may be required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences, Technical Certification from an
accredited technical school or combination of experience and knowledge
considered 4 plus year equivalent education
- Applicable Microsoft / CompTIA or equivalent industry certifications preferred
- Four to seven years’ experience in Technical Support
- Some Project Management experience desired
- Experience with LanDesk a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop and laptop computer hardware
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office tool set.
- Effective knowledge of network protocols and basic services including TCP/IP,
DHCP, VoIP, WiFi, and DNS
- Ability to create, edit and deploy computer/software group policies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office usage
- Proficient in WindowsOS.
- Experience in MacOS or ChromeOS a plus
- Able to document resolutions and promote a “Shift Left” software developing
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Liaise with external suppliers and third-party it providers if required
- Able to convey it matters at an understandable level
- Provide a logical approach to problem analysis and resolution
- Proven experience in a pc and network support environment
- Confident with training/induction needs with staff
Competitive contract remuneration, commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.