BIM Project Lead (Client BIM POC) - London
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We are now looking for a BIM Project Lead (Client BIM POC) to join our team in the London office.
- Lead Model coordination meetings as multidiscipline BIM lead, acting as a client point of contact for BIM on projects.
- Prepare and run project progress reports, model federation, multidiscipline clash detection reporting/ model health check dashboards etc to the clients requirements.
- Support the RED Design Management team and RED BIM Manager on projects.
- Experience setting up and running B360 & ACC projects with advanced Navisworks manage, B360 Issues and BEP Authoring skills.
- Auditing of 2D CAD drawings and 3D models, especially work being sent inter-office.
- Attend BIM model co-ordination meetings if required
- Planning input to inter office (internal design team) and extra office (external design team partners) collaboration including designing, leading and executing the collaborative process when required
- Production & maintenance of live navisworks nwf files with clash detection and associated reports for each 3D project. Additional animated fly through animations when required. using Revit and Navisworks Manage
- Attendance at project meetings and presentations either in person or via online meetings to present 3D model progress, Navisworks clash reports etc to project teams and client teams if required
- Facilitating the BIM coordination meetings with multi-discipline teams including setting agendas, tracks and records the sessions, actions etc
- Leading the BIM coordination meetings with the ability to challenge in a professional manner
- Contribute to and question technical and construction issues associated with the design/modelling process
- Have an innovative and holistic approach to sustainability and building design modelling
- Liaison with lead office clients re required model modifications
- Liaise with design team to ensure that the models and detail produced are to the required standard
- Communicate project resourcing requirements to Head of Digital Engineering & Local BIM Manager
- Liaise with Project Managers and project team members to ensure that projects are delivered within required timescales
- Respond to changes in tasks and workload by amending schedules and plans
- Manage the review process with the design and construction team
- BSC/BEng, BTEC National Dip in Construction or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (desirable)
- Hold relevant qualifications or certificates in Autodesk Revit, Autodesk NavisWorks, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit Architecture (desirable)
- Experience of working within a contractors drawing office (site based) producing coordinated construction/ installation workshop drawings using 3D modelling software
- Proven track record of live project hands on delivery of modelling and coordination within the BIM, AutoCAD and Revit environment
- Minimum of five years Revit project experience (desirable)
- Proven track record in the setting up and adherence to BIM Model management
- Proven track record in the development of and adherence to live company BIM and modelling standards closely aligned to industry AEC standards
- Must be fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills (previous team leadership experience essential)
- Presentation skills
- Ability to cope with periods of heavy client workload, and a strong desire to deliver on their projects
- Self-motivated in approach to tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong character who is confident with a good temperament
- Proven track record in the creation of project BIM execution plans (BEP)
- Knowledge of MS office word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc
- Previous experience of working in a global business desirable
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit (either via degree or prior practical experience) including setting up of drawing templates, building of parametric parts libraries and use of intelligent duct and pipe systems
- Experience in dealing with multi-discipline teams
- Excellent understanding of civil, structural & architectural (csa) services including construction, trade packages, inter-discipline coordination
- Ability to fully coordinate architectural, structural & mep services within the 3d modelling or 2d layout environment with outline instructions from the project engineers
- A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems engineering and general construction work
- Knowledge and working experience in the coordination and routing of mechanical, electrical and public health services, including air conditioning, heating and ventilation, pipework services, power containment, ICT containment, lighting services, drainage, fire services etc
- A valid cscs card desirable
- Sound knowledge of key regional, UK and European H&S issues and legislation
RED offers a variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years’ service
- Holiday purchase and buy back scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme via salary sacrifice (Company funded cover is dependant on level)
- Non-contractual bonus awards
- Training sponsorship
- Charity volunteering leave
- Wellness days/ initiatives.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
*This role will ideally suit those with the right to live & work in the UK without restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.