|London or Bicester
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We now seek an experienced Engineer to be based in our Bicester or London office. You will have experience in the delivery of European data centres and mission-critical projects, along with other sector experience including process pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial, labs and/or clean rooms would be desirable.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
RED offers a variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years’ service
- Holiday purchase and buy back scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme via salary sacrifice (Company funded cover is dependant on level)
- Non-contractual bonus awards
- Training sponsorship
- Charity volunteering leave
- Wellness days/ initiatives.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer
The role will ideally suit UK/EU nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.