London / Bicester
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. Due to continuing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst.
With a strong appetite to learn and take up new challenges, we are looking for a proactive and highly performant professional, interested in joining our dynamic, enthusiastic and multicultural team. By joining RED, you will also become an active member of Engie Impact, a business unit of the Engie Group active in supporting large organisations in accelerating their sustainability transformation.
As part of RED’s finance department, directly reporting to the Finance Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Compile data from multiple sources and develop performance reports. Initiate variance analyses and provide understanding of operational and financial performance to management.
- Performing monthly and adhoc financial reviews of operations throughout Impact’s legal entities, sectors, geographies and projects
- Develop, review, analyse and maintain cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including variance analyses and communicate cost and/or schedule trends.
- Contributing to the monthly closing and reporting process.
- Financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Being a point of contact with regards to transversal related issues, where and when necessary analysing impacts of and implementing of new accounting standards
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Having a degree in finance or a finance accreditation (ACCA, CIMA), you are expected to have 2-5 years of professional experience in Finance and Controlling in a complex and international environment.
- Having a strong knowledge of accounting, consolidation, financial statements analysis and IFRS standards, you are well-versed in office tools (in particular Excel and Powerpoint) and have a strong affinity with IT systems.
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills, you are able to summarize complex information into meaningful key messages. You are besides able to face strict and short deadlines in a challenging environment.
- In addition to the above skills and knowledge, any exposition to engineering activities, project accounting, tax/VAT matters is a plus.
- Relevant finance qualification at least at AAT level 2 or sufficient equivalent experience
- In depth experience of financial accounting
- Experienced in managing budgets/budgetary control
Skills and Specific Knowledge
- Dynamic and resourceful, with strong initiative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Easily fit into multidisciplinary and cultural teams
- Ability to prioritize own workload, and work to strict deadlines
- Defends points of view and does not hesitate to support own opinions with detailed and clear arguments when challenged.
- Excellent knowledge in office automation applications (Office 365, mainly Excel), with knowledge of SAP (desirable).
- Knowledge of IFRS Project Accounting is a plus
- Previous experience working within the consulting or construction industry (desirable)
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
We are only applications from candidates who do not require current or future sponsorship
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester