Business Analyst -
RED are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
Through our market leading technical expertise, we enable the world’s digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. We cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with our broad capability offering saving our clients time, money, and effort. Our approach is centred around listening to our clients and interacting energetically with our fellow project stakeholders. We add value with our people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
We are now seeking a Business Analyst to join our Finance team in the London/ Bicester office where they will be supporting project managers in tracking the financial performance of their project, relaying key messages about its evolution, ongoing risks and opportunities, but also ensuring the execution of all finance related activities (billing and purchasing cycles, accounting,..) in alignment with expected standards. The business analyst will periodically report to and exchange with P&L directors on the evolution of the financial performance of their sector.
- Autonomous financial administration, management and controlling of a portfolio of projects, including:
- Project related performance planning, forecasting, closing, reporting & analysis.
- Acting as financial advisor to Project Managers, ensuring regular reporting on project progress, billing cycles, financial performance against expectations.
- Contribute to reviews and issue recommendations with regards to risks and opportunities on projects from initial bid stage up to completion, this to be shared with both project managers and P&L directors.
- Monthly exchange and reporting to P&L directors on their sector’s financial performance against expectations, outlining key contributing factors to potential variances against expectations.
- Close monitoring project profitability, direct costs, expenses, subconsultant fees, variation orders, FX exposition etc.
- Booking of accruals, preparation and issuance of purchase orders, sales invoices in accordance to billing plan
- Tracking cash flow generation
- Relevant finance qualification at least part CIMA qualified or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience with a minimum of 2 years in an equivalent role
- In depth experience of financial accounting
- Experienced in managing budgets/budgetary control
- Previous experience working within the consulting or construction industry
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Dynamic and resourceful, with strong initiative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Easily fit into multidisciplinary and cultural teams
- Ability to prioritize own workload, and work to strict deadlines
- Defends points of view and does not hesitate to support own opinions with detailed and clear arguments when challenged.
- Excellent knowledge in office automation applications (Office 365, mainly Excel), with knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of IFRS Project Accounting
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: London/ Bicester