CDM Principal Designer / Advisor -
London / Bicester
We are seeking an individual to be based at our London or Bicester Office. The role will be an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career as a Principal Designer within a leading and expanding M&E consultancy. You will currently have at least 2 years’ experience in a safety advisor role or junior PD position within the construction industry.
The role will be supporting the Principal Designer to plan, manage and monitor the Pre-Construction phase and to co-ordinate Health & Safety during the construction phase for both large and small projects.
The role will be a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career as a Principal Designer with the support of the RED Team. The main focus will be assist the Principal Designer on areas below:-
- 2 + years’ experience in a Health and Safety Advisor Role or Junior PD role
- Knowledge of MEP building services would be desirable
- Client facing experience desirable.
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualification
- Experience of construction site safety
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge of Mechanical and electrical building systems preferred
- Working knowledge of CDM, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, MHSWR etc Regulations
- Ability to co-ordinate with designers and contractors
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Delivery of contract and program management - managing contractors’ progress, information and document flow etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Assisting the Principal Designer with their duties under CDM 2015
- Liaising with clients, design team members and contractors
- Assisting lead design teams through the design process in line with CDM 2015
- Assist the client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information
- Provide pre-construction information to designers, the principal contractor and contractors
- Ensure that designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other
- Assist client in validating health & safety credentials of contractors
- Assist with the organisation of design risk workshops and review designers risk assessments
- Liaise with client representatives, Principal Contractor and contractors with respect to health and safety
- Review of Principal Contractors information, including:
- Construction Phase Health & Safety plan
- Site induction
- Information to be incorporated within the Health & Safety file
- Prepare and collate the Health & Safety file
- Submit F10 on behalf of client
- Undertake CDM site audits on behalf of client
- Assist with lessons learned workshops
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the RED Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective.
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester