CDM Principal Designer / Advisor -
London / Bicester
RED is an award-winning building services design consultancy. Due to continuing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen. We are seeking a fully experienced CDM Principal Designer, to be based in either our Bicester or London office. You will have a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience with the ability to plan, manage and monitor the Pre-Construction phase in order to co-ordinate Health & Safety, in a client facing role. This is a permanent position reporting to the Director of our specialist services sector.
- 10+ years’ experience in an equivalent role
- Knowledge of MEP building services would be useful
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualification
- Knowledge of Mechanical and electrical building systems preferred
- Working knowledge of CDM, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, MHSWR etc Regulations
- Ability to co-ordinate with designers and contractors
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to chair and facilitate meetings to deadline
- Identifying and pursuing prospective clients, leveraging up-selling opportunities to new and existing project pipeline
- Delivery of contract and program management - managing contractors’ progress, information and document flow etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
The Principal Designers role is to plan, manage and monitor the Pre-Construction phase, to co-ordinate Health & Safety. The Principal Designer must: -
- Assist the client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information
- Provide pre-construction information to designers, the principal contractor and contractors
- Ensure that designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other
- Assist client in validating health & safety credentials of contractors
- Organise design risk workshops and review designers risk assessments
- Liaise with client representatives, Principal Contractor and contractors with respect to health and safety
- Review of Principal Contractors information, including:
- Construction Phase Health & Safety plan
- Site induction
- Information to be incorporated within the Health & Safety file
- Prepare the Health & Safety file
- Submit F10 on behalf of client
- Undertake CDM site audits on behalf of client
Specific Business Understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our people work in friendly teams, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Location: London / Bicester